The virtual meeting of the Dubuque Camera Club on November 2, 2020 was attended by 16 people. Club president Ronald Tigges led discussion, and Bob Felderman served as Zoom host.
Member Directory. The club discussed the new Member Directory. Participating in this online directory is another benefit of club membership. Right now the page is password protected, but it will be made public after member information is added.
We need club members to send in their information. Think of it as an online brochure. This is your opportunity to showcase up to three of your photography-related websites or social media accounts.
Send the following to DubuqueCameraClub@gmail.com
- A short personal bio (50-100 words)
- Up to three website or social media links
- One image (150px square thumbnail).
Finding Beauty. Congratulations to four Dubuque Camera Club members whose work appears in Finding Beauty, the latest virtual exhibit from the Galena Center for the Arts: Laurie Helling, Karen Durrant, Jim Durrant, and Robert Felderman. Click here to view the flipbook.
Riding the Light. This is a 50-minute documentary about a landscape photography journey through the desert Southwest. It features the still camera work of Henry Matthiessen III, and was filmed and produced by Dean Wellman. The film is now available online for rent or purchase. Here is the link: https://gumroad.com/l/nmWIq
Submissions and Returns. At tonight’s meeting, the club went over returns from the October 2020 N4C contest, as well as submissions to the November contest. You can view submitted photos in the club’s online gallery.
Congratulations to the following photographers who earned recognition in the October 2020 N4C photography competition:
- Stephonie Schmitz, Digital Travel, First place, “Inspiration Point, Bryce Canyon”
- Kevin McTague, Digital Travel, honorable mention, “Back of the Barn”
- Kevin McTague, Digital Black and White, honorable mention
- Kevin McTague, Digital Nature, Merit award, “Minnesota Black Bear”
- Kevin McTague, Digital Nature, Merit award, “Grasshopper”
- Casey Klein, Digital Journalism, honorable mention, “Golden Knights Jump Dubuque Skies with a Patriotic Flair”
- Kenneth Kiss, Digital Nature, honorable mention, “Wood Thrush Singing”
- Kenneth Kiss, Digital Nature, honorable mention, “Yep, All Feathers Accounted For” (Great Horned Owl)
- Will Hoyer, Digital Nature, honorable mention, “Ice Ripple at Dream Lake”
“I hope Will knows that he got a winning photo already.”— Club President Ron Tigges, about a beautiful winning landscape photo from new Dubuque Camera Club member Will Hoyer.
Treasures of the Tri-states. Photography by Casey Klein and several other local photographers appears in the KAT-FM/KDTH “Treasures of the Tri-states” calendar. The calendar is available for free at radio station headquarters.
Groovy presentation postponed. Ron’s groovy presentation on an unknown subject was postponed because sometimes that happens when your wife volunteers you to do something! That’s okay, because we like short meetings. In the future, he may demonstrate the nifty features in the recent Adobe updates to Photoshop and Lightroom.
Updated N4C rules. The 2020/2021 N4C contest rules are now online. The updated rules include both video and photo essay contests. The rules for the communication competitions are written down and included for the first time. See the links below or visit their cutting edge website.