The Dubuque Camera Club is getting ready for our 7th consecutive annual photography exhibit at the Dubuque Museum of Art. This year, the theme is Reflections.
Twenty club members submitted a total of 73 images for consideration. The next step is for selections to be made. Once we know which images will be included in the exhibit, we’ll send out a (final) last call for high resolution images for printing. Be sure to read your club emails.
Prints will be ordered as a group, probably in late July or early August. Participating club members are responsible for paying their share of printing costs. The club is offering a financial subsidy of 50% of the cost of one print. Watch your email for more information.
Each participants will also be asked for a 50 word bio or artist’s statement for the exhibit brochure. This can be about you, about your photography, or about the picture that you have in the exhibit.
Several people have asked about the Reflections timeline. This appeared on the website a while back. Here it is again:
✔ Jan/Feb: Discussion of exhibit theme ideas.
✔ Feb 18: Club members vote in a poll. Reflections chosen as a theme.
✔ March 4: Exhibit committee chosen: Robert Felderman, Pamela Brandt
✔ April 1: Club decides to order 12×18-inch metal prints like last year.
✔ May 20: Reflections images may be submitted for Critique Night.
✔ June 3: Reflections submissions reviewed at club picnic.
✔ Monday, June 17: Submission deadline extended to this date.
✔ Tues. July 9: Submissions sent to art museum curator.
• On or after Fri. July 26: Selections to be announced. Last call for final high res images.
• July ___? Prints to be ordered as a group. Payment requested from participants.
• Aug. ___? Prints arrive. Participants must sign incoming loan agreement and send in a 50-word bio or artist statement for exhibit brochure. Payment must be received.
• Sept. 17: Prints to be delivered to art museum.
• Sept. 21, 2019: Exhibit opens.
• Oct. 4? First Fridays reception / Fall Into Art gallery tour (tentative)
• Nov 10, 2019: Exhibit closes. Club picks up prints from museum.
• Dec. 2, 2019. Remaining prints may be picked up during the club’s holiday party.