The Dubuque Camera Club is preparing for our 7th consecutive annual photography exhibition at the Dubuque Museum of Art. This year’s theme is Reflections. The exhibit will feature 25 photos by 20 club members. It will be on display in the Amuse Bouche Balcony Gallery (upstairs), from September 21 through November 10, 2019.
✔ Jan/Feb: Discussion of exhibit theme ideas.
✔ Feb 18: Club members vote in a poll. Reflections chosen as a theme.
✔ March 4: Exhibit committee chosen: Robert Felderman, Pamela Brandt
✔ April 1: Club decides to order 12×18-inch metal prints like last year.
✔ May 20: Reflections images may be submitted for Critique Night.
✔ June 3: Reflections submissions reviewed at club picnic.
✔ Monday, June 17: Submission deadline extended to this date. Twenty club members submitted a total of 73 images for consideration.
✔ Tues. July 9: Submissions sent to art museum curator.
✔ Fri. July 19: Selections announced. Twenty-five images were selected to be in the show. Last call for final high res images.
✔ July 23: Prints ordered. 12×18-inch prints were ordered on aluminum. Artist’s statement requested from participants.
✔ August 10: Draft of exhibit brochure released to participants.
✔ August 10 to 23: Sign and pay for prints. The club is using Blufftops & Visions convention proceeds to offer a financial subsidy of 50% of the cost of one print per participant.
• Monday, Sept. 9: Prints to be delivered to art museum. Participants MUST have completed an incoming loan agreement.
• Sept. 21, 1:00-4:00 p.m. Reflections Exhibit opens. Get two free tickets for Museum Day.
• Friday, Sept. 27, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Opening reception. Admission charged. Free to exhibiting artists (and one guest).
• Oct. 4, 5:00-8:00 p.m. First Fridays at the Dubuque Museum of Art ($10 admission)
• Nov. 1, 5:00-9:00 p.m. Fall Into Art, free tour of downtown galleries
• Nov 10, 2019: Reflections Exhibit closes.
• Monday, Nov. 11: Club to pick up prints from museum.
• Dec. 2, 2019. Prints to be returned to participants during the club’s holiday party.