BLUFFTOPS & VISIONS
Here are the club members who have graciously volunteered their time thus far:
- Leo Heim has been appointed official documentary photographer for Blufftops & Visions. He will also assist with setup and teardown in the N4C print room.
- Jose Garcia is serving as our speakers’ coordinator. He will also lead a post-processing workshop and provide lodging for one speaker.
- Lois Pancratz is processing convention registrations and doing the record-keeping. She is also facilitating the river cruise and (possibly?) the t-shirt orders. At the convention, she will staff the check-in table.
- Eleanor Schueller is printing nametags for attendees. She will help to staff the check-in table.
- Cara Pusateri will also assist at the convention check-in table, and as needed during the weekend.
- Jennifer Tigges is the chief organizer of the entire event, including technical details and financial budgeting. She is also handling digital communication and social media, as well as face-to-face planning and promotion.
- Pamela Brandt has been handling digital communication, website updates, and social media.
- Ron Tigges is facilitating the Shot Tower photoshoot and the Millwork & Models shoot. He will also lead the bird photography panel presentation and the refractography seminar.
- Kevin McTague and Ken Kiss will be presenters in the bird photography panel presentation.
- John Leicht will introduce keynote speakers at banquets and be the voice of the N4C awards presentations.
- Greg Nauman is a co-organizer of the Millwork & Models shootout and will assist with visitor hospitality as needed.
- Lori Burrows will assist with Millwork & Models.
- Laura Schuster is in charge of banquet planning, including the Edward Curtis Lunch & Learn. She will be assisted by Cindi Simon.
- Chris Ross will provide vocal music and guitar on Friday before the banquet.
- Rick Noel will assist as needed.
- Jesse Green will assist as needed (available in the evenings only).
- Robert Felderman will assist as needed (not available Saturday evening).
- Jaime Gordo Perez and Erin Diekman will be greeters at the American Lady cruise.
NOTE: If your name is not on this list and you would like to volunteer, please contact Jennifer or Pamela.
Our potluck picnic on June 4 was a success! Twenty-five people attended. The food was excellent. Much discussion happened and next year’s officers were (re-)elected. The company was lively and the food was terrific!
Also at the meeting, Jennifer gave us an overview of Blufftops & Visions. The American Lady river cruise will be a highlight, so please put it on your calendar and plan to go! Remember, in order to make this convention a success, we need volunteers, models, swag bag items, door prize items, financial sponsorship, and volunteers.
INCENTIVE! It has been proposed that club members who are convention volunteers will receive a discounted price for Blufftops & Visions registration. Watch your email for details. All club members will still need to pay for any add-ons during registration, including the banquets and the cruise. This is because the club needs to pay for these items. You can choose which ones to attend.
Thanks to everyone in the club who sent in their RED photos for this year’s Dubuque Museum of Art exhibit. About 60 photos were submitted. The museum staff selected the images to be exhibited.
Exhibit dates: September 14 – November 4, 2018 (On display during Blufftops & Visions.)
Gallery Reception: Saturday, September 22 (details TBA)
Fall Into Art: October 5, 2018 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. (free admission)
Remember, members will need to pay up front for their prints ($44.76). However, if the convention is a financial success, it has been proposed that each member whose photos are selected for the exhibit will receive a stipend. For that reason, it is vital that we all work together to make Blufftops & Visions a success!
Update: The art museum has made their image selections for the exhibit. Everybody with an image chosen should have received an email with specifics. A high res image AND a signed release must be returned in order to participate in the exhibit. Contact Jennifer or Ron if you have questions.
GET YOUR CLUB T-SHIRT
The club discussed and approved the idea of ordering club shirts. Matching shirts will make it easy for out-of-town participants to identify Dubuque Camera Club members at the upcoming Blufftops & Visions convention. We can also wear them at other club events.
Lois volunteered to chair the t-shirt committee. Jennifer has also come up with some alternate options for shirts. Baseball-style caps are a possibility too. Our Facebook group has seen some discussion about these options. Our club logo will be on any shirts or hats that are ordered.
Right now, there is an online poll to gauge interest in various colors and styles. As of June 23, the results were leaning toward gold. Club members only, you are welcome to vote in the t-shirt poll. Responses must be received by July 1st.
If you have questions or would simply like to add your name to the list to get a shirt, please contact Lois with your size and let her know (est. cost $12-15). See your email for contact details.
The current exhibit at Art @ Your Library, located in the rotunda area of the Carnegie-Stout Public Library, contains a couple of photos by club member Gary Fagan. An upcoming exhibit, opening in August, will feature photography by General Bob Felderman.
Summer meetings: The regular N4C meeting season has finished. However, due to the impending photography convention, we WILL have impromptu club meetings this summer. Notice of summer meetings will go out by email. Club members, make sure to read any and all emails from the Dubuque Camera Club! They will contain important information!
- Tuesday, Sept. 4 @ 6:30 p.m. – First regular club meeting of the upcoming season.
- Saturday, Sept. 8 from 10:00 a.m. to noon – Volunteer meeting
- September 13-14-15, 2018 (Thursday-Friday-Saturday) Blufftops & Visions N4C Photography Convention in Dubuque!
Remember, if you have news about area photography-related events, or any information that is of general interest to club members, you are welcome to post it to our Facebook group.