The December 4 meeting was our holiday party!!! A dedicated group of about two dozen people attended, along with significant others. The food was awesome! We enjoyed a terrific selection of homemade salads, soup, side-dishes, and desserts, along with pulled pork or beef sandwiches. Thanks to everybody who came and shared this delicious meal! Since we will not meet again until next year, it was the grand finale of 2017.
The sad spoiler of the evening was the news that Everything Photography will soon be closing. We watched Sean’s goodbye video that he posted on Facebook. Thank you, gentlemen, for the work you’ve done to build a local camera and photography business that we will all miss! Watch Facebook for details about their final customer appreciation party, to be held in January.
The following Dubuque Camera Club members received awards in the November 2017 N4C competition:
- Andreas Exner was awarded first place in Digital Travel for his photo of “Elakala Falls, Allegheny Mountains, West Virginia.”
- Ron Tigges was awarded 3rd place in Digital Black and White for his photo, “Standing Strong.”
- Honorable Mentions: Gary Fagan, Kevin McTeague (two), José Garcia (three).
- TUESDAY, January 2, 2018 @ 6:30 p.m. First meeting of the New Year. All tri-state photography enthusiasts are welcome to attend. We meet at the E.B. Lyons Interpretive Center in the Mines of Spain. Photographer José Garcia will lead a post-processing workshop using Adobe Photoshop. You may wish to bring a laptop. He will distribute RAW files, or you can use your own. Don’t forget, N4C submissions are due by New Year’s Day (the earlier, the better!).
- Monday, January 15, 2018 @ 6:30 p.m. Regular club meeting.
- Saturday, January 20, 2018. Dubuque Bald Eagle Watch. Our club will be a participating vendor. We will be handing out our newly updated Dubuque Camera Club brochure. This year, members may bring prints to sell. Contact Ron or Jennifer for details. Volunteers are needed for setup, takedown, and staffing the table. As in previous years, a slide show of nature photography by club members will be on display. While you’re at the Bald Eagle Watch, make sure to attend the live animal lectures! Visit the Dubuque Audubon Society website for a full schedule of the day’s events.