The DCC Planning Committee met on Monday, Aug. 17th to gather ideas for meetings for the 2015-16 year. There were five members present. Next meeting will be on SEPTEMBER 28th , 9:00 a.m. at A&W (Oky-Doky) on Locust Street (near the J. DBQ bridge).
Items discussed were:
· Work on assembling a booklet for new members with dates & time of meetings, N4C rules for competitions, listing of months that we judge N4C competitions, explaining member numbers etc.
· Suggestions for the “more basic” meetings held on the second monthly meeting such as:
o showing some basic online tutorials and practicing what they show
o breaking into groups (Nikon, Canon etc.) to explore bells and whistles and buttons on cameras
o drawing different subject assignments and sharing each person’s best photo to illustrate his/her interpretation of that subject at a meeting
· Ask for ideas from members for future program topics
· Possible field trip to Dubuque Arboretum to explore the effects of slow shutter speed on a waterfall after tutorial and/or discussion at meeting. This could be a weekend afternoon field trip so more members would be free to attend
· Check into prices for an embroidered patch, using our new logo, for members to sew on caps, shirts, camera straps etc. to help identify members at events
· Check on costs of making a calendar from DMA exhibit photos to fund transportation costs for an out-of-town field trip
· Make some changes to N4C competitions:
o have first-come-first-serve deadline when sending N4C entries to Cara
o and then, show entries with judging results when entries are returned so two meeting nights are not taken up with competitions